View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 8, 2011, 10:14 PM

Hi everyone, well we are approaching the 90 day post ATG and his last CBC was 2.7-w, 9.8-h and still getting platelets almost every time he goes in which is twice a week. Every since i first posted he gradually started to get better. He had about 10 good days of feeling good but the last 3 or 4 days he has been feeling pretty crappy and actually was vomiting for the first time this morning. They have scheduled a BMB for Thurs. Researching AA has become a part-time job for me but i dont know alot of what we should expect to hear if things are getting better. I mean i dont really know much about the biopsy. Could anyone tell me what they are looking for in the biopsy. From what i understand it is cellularity. I will probably be reading about it for the next 24 hours. I just assumed that since his white count is pretty good that he was getting better. The doctors seem content on the next step if the biopsy doesnt show them what they want to see. On monday his docs talked like they were reccomending a 2nd ATG. I just cant figure it out. Everyone that i have talked to including some of you on here say it is way to soon. All along the doctors say their biggest concern is white cells cause they cant be transfused and now they are pretty good but they are still thinking about the next step. So i guess i was just wondering if anyone could tell me more about the BMB and what would be good or bad. Thanks everyone BILL

Last edited by bochs4 : Tue Mar 8, 2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: misprint