View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 13, 2010, 06:45 AM

Help me regarding treatment plan for AA patient

Dear all,

I am Dhruba from Dhak, Bangladesh. My wife(Sraboni Samadder, Age 23 Year) has been diagonised Aplastic Anemia. On 30th July, 2010 I first did her CBC test and found WBC=1.82K, Haemoglobin=4.82g & Platelet=38K. That time she was supervision under Prof. HAM Nazmul Hossain, Head, Medicine Dept. Dhaka Medical College. He suggested to transfused 2 bag of compack cell and transfer her to Prof. Dr. Monzur Morshed, Head, Clinical Haematology, Bangabondhu Shekh Mujib Medical University. He checked the CBC and Bone Marrow examination report and told me that my wife is suffering for Severe Aplastic Anemia. Also suggested to do Bone Marrow Transplantation ASAP. After another 3 bag blood transfusion her WBC reaches to 4.00K, Haemoglobin=12.0g & Platelet=80K. As their is no facility to do BMT we went to Cristian Medical College(www.cmch-vellore.edu) for further treatment under supervison of Prof. Dr. Alok Srivastava, Head, Clinical Haematology. Here triphal biosphy, Bone Marrow examination were again performed and result was same(Aplastic Anemia).
Dr. suggested to take ciclosphorine 300 mg daily(150mg+0+150mg). She started to take ciclosphrine from 24th Sep. Her blood count on 04th November was WBC=2.93K,Haemoglobin=5.9g and Platelet=54K. My wife feel very tired so I transfued 1 bag blood again. My wife has only 1 sister and yet we dont do HLA typing. Dr. told that ciclosphorine minimum trial period is 3 month, our next appointment with doctor on 31st December.

Now please suggest me what to do.
1. Try ciclosphorine for at least 3 months?
2. Do HLA match with her sister and do BMT as soom as possible?

if wait for 31st december and minwhile Haemglobin decreases under 6.0 gm then transfused whole blood cell or only RBC?

Please answer my questions, I am in a very critical position. Your little bit help can save my wife life.

Thanks,
Dhruba
Cell: +8801717251152