View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 8, 2014, 05:07 PM

My Hematologist in Seattle was able to get my insurance to cover Romiplostin 2 years ago, to try & see if this helped my numbers. My clinics studies indicated it works the same as Promacta, though Dr Young let me know at the time this brand was not included in their Promacta study, so he was more comfortable with the Promacta.

Both Romiplostin & Promacta are approved for use in some blood disorders so obtaining approval may not be an issue. You can query the FDA site for more info on which ones-though I think Promacta is approved for PNH & Romiplostin for ITP (low platelets). In addition to low platelets, many AA patients have some PNH & even a low level could help to qualify you to receive this, as long as you qualify & your Hematologist includes one of the approved illnesses in his request

If you' interested in trying this, my suggestion is you ask your hematologist if they recommend Promacta for you, will let you try it, & if they are willing to work with your insurance to try & get approvals. Just make sure you let your Hematologist know you want the Promacta (& not Romiplostin).