View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 17, 2012, 02:45 PM

My Husband is cancer free!!!

I wanted to post because I know how scary it can be when people are first faced with a blood/marrow cancer. I know we searched the web and found many stories that ended sadly. My husband found out he had MDS (which turned to AML) in July of 2011, and had his MUD SCT in May of 2012 at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago. It damn near killed him, as he had a heart attack, and contracted legionaires pneumonia in the hosptial, but I am glad to say he is cancer free, has not needed a single transfusion since being released from the hospital in June, and is back to work full time as a patrol officer.

We went to the gym this morning and he said he felt better today than he did before the transplant. We will live with a constant hum of worry in the background, but we are living and the hum is more and more faint with every day! I wanted anyone looking for hope to read this. The lord will not let you down. Good comes of all bad. Please pray and fight, and Godspeed to you all. Scott's blog is www.sleist.blogspot.com he started right before we went to the hospital, and he still posts about weekly now.

Betty