View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 3, 2010, 01:48 PM

Preparative Regimen

I was told that my preparative regimen for my SCT will consist of four consecutive days of total body irradiation followed by two days of high-intensity chemo (Cytoxan), two days of rest and then the stem cells will be infused. Has anyone else had this same regimen? I have been given a list of the side effects, but thought someone out there might be able to tell me more about what to expect.
I picked up my recent CBC and my counts are up just slightly probably due to the fact that I was started on norethindrone (hormone) to stop my menstrual cycle. I have a feeling my doctor will still want to procede with the transplant due to the recent Monosomy 7 finding. He said this is "bad". Monosomy 7 is usually resistant to drug treatments and also puts me at a higher risk of developing AML. I have an appointment in two weeks for the echocardiogram, pulmonary function test and another BMB. I think they are scheduling my SCT sometime in May.
Jill
Jill, 58 y/o female dx with MDS-U June 2008, IPSS:Int. 2. Allogeneic SCT May 25, 2010. Relapsed January 2011. Started Vidaza (azacitadine) Feb. 2011; Currently on cycle #58 , IV, 5-days every six weeks. WBC 5.3, Hgb 13.0, PLT 110 (2/16/18)