View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 4, 2010, 11:27 AM

Squirleypoo and Ruth,
Thanks for your response. I will have my SCT at Stanford. My local hematologist felt this would be the best place to send me after spending 6 months trying to figure out why I had low blood counts. Even though my first cytology report showed four chromosome abormalities he said I had a vitamin B12 deficiency. Months of B12 injections did nothing and a multitude of antibody testing showed negative results. My husband finally demanded an answer and thats what took us to Stanford. The people there are wonderful and I really like my hemotologist and transplant doctor. My treatment is not decided by one doctor alone. It is discussed among the entire BMT team. I feel I will get the best care there and my parents also live within 30 miles so we didn't find a need to search any further.
I read the summary of your experience Ruth. Thank you for taking the time to document your journey. I feel a little more prepared for what lies ahead. I'm sure I will have questions that arise in the months ahead though and I appreciate that you are there to help answer them.
Happy Easter!
Jill
Jill, 58 y/o female dx with MDS-U June 2008, IPSS:Int. 2. Allogeneic SCT May 25, 2010. Relapsed January 2011. Started Vidaza (azacitadine) Feb. 2011; Currently on cycle #58 , IV, 5-days every six weeks. WBC 5.3, Hgb 13.0, PLT 110 (2/16/18)