View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 26, 2012, 12:05 PM
Owner

Bobbie,

I admire your dedication to your mother and your willingness to do so much to help her.

Nobody knows how the end will come, and it will be hard to accept the loss, but you should have no regrets when the time comes. What you've done for her is what she would have done for you: everything. You said that you hope her passing will be in a way you can handle, and I think you'll find that strength.

She's hanging on to you closely (probably why she's a little possessive) and with you almost 100% in charge of her care that's a lot of stress to handle. I hope you won't mind if I make a suggestion, that you use more of the available hospice services. Having the wonderful people from a hospice program around more does not mean that the end will be nearer, nor does it mean that you have to stop the supportive treatment. I think that you and your mom will quickly get past any initial negative reaction and find that having other people around more (more often than for a weekly vitals check) will provide more companionship, relieve some of the stress, lessen your feeling that constant vigilance is critical, allow you to relax with your mom more, and produce less worry for both of you.