View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 31, 2017, 02:56 AM

Your post really struck me because of the PPI comment.

Years ago before my husband was diagnosed, he was on PPIs and took them regularly for a couple of years. One day I was thinking about his pills and I thought to myself, "how can these be healthy to your stomach acid?". So I asked my doctor and he told me no one should be on them for longer than a month or so. I was shocked and I brought it up to my husband, who then asked his doctor and she agreed. Now i'm wondering how much this played in his diagnosis.

So fast forward a few years and we find out he has RAEB-1. His first 2 BMBs were dry taps. He just had a BMB at a larger centre, and I think they got a better sample. Waiting to hear.

But if your husband's second BMB was 5%-10% blasts, wouldn't he be downgraded to RAEB-1? I'm only asking because somewhere during our journey we were told he was RAEB-2, but then he was RAEB-1 when his blasts were found to be 5%-10%.

Just curious It's hard to keep track sometimes of all the stuff that is thrown at you.
Husband (61) dx RAEB1 Apr 2015 after long term bad CBCs (first discovered Apr 2008 after an unknown infection had him hospitalized), currently on watch & wait with monthly bloodwork. Myeloid Gene Panel testing done Aug 2017, showed nothing worrisome. CEBPA mutation