View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 13, 2018, 05:42 PM

No BMB or Vidaza for now

Well, CBC last week and this week showed no blasts at all so doc says we'll stick with the weekly CBC with Granix when ANC is below 1.5. He says I really haven't had many infections since this all began so my immune system is still working but it's not really a good long term plan. He still wants me to meet with transplant team and he'll wait to do BMB because if it's more than 30 days old the team would want to do another. I get to be a real nervous wreck coming up on that test and I'd rather he do it since he did the first one and it turned out fairly easy. But I go back to see him again in 4 weeks. Don't know how long it'll take to get appt with transplant team. Now I have to decide between Robert Wood Johnson or Hackensack, which is listed as a Center of Excellence by the MDS Foundation.

He did answer questions about the Vidaza. It would be shots with a pill for anti-nausea. He didn't mention multiple shots. They have a such a hard time getting blood from me for CBC every week I'm not looking forward to more of that. Was actually thinking a port wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Joanne, 65F, 8/17 dx Primary MDS-EB1, Pancytopenia; 6/19 MPN w/CMML characteristics, dr calling it AML even w/blasts <20%; 7/19 Induction w/Vyxeos resulting in complete remission with incomplete blood count recovery.