Thread: update
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 7, 2011, 01:55 PM

update

I saw the hematologist yesterday. We talked about my meeting with the transplant team. They told me I wasn't sick enough for a transplant and I didn't want one anyway.

Although the transplant doctor recommended more / newer immune suppressants, this doctor wasn't so sure they would work anyway. I have already tried 3 different treatments and apparently they know this is all being caused by my immune system, yet immune suppression hasn't worked.

I told him the treatment I was doing next was the Marshall Protocol. I explained it to him briefly and he was fine with it, joked about not having to do anything for awhile. I was relieved.

My last WBC was 0.6, but he explained that the WBC from blood is not always a good indicator of how many you are producing. He said the main thing is if you have infections or not, and I don't. I even cut my finger and it healed no problem.

I am relieved because being on those meds makes me feel sick and does little to nothing for my counts. Although I have been on immune suppressants which would interfere with the Marshall Protocol, I do notice some improvements this year. I have not had an infected molar for the first time in about 7 or 8 years, and my lungs are really clear in spite of allergy season.

Deb