View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 24, 2010, 08:57 AM

update

Thank you for the information. My Mom actually was admitted and started ATG last night. They gave me a copy of her blood work as well as their findings. The blood work I kind of understand now but the comments they have about her dx I'm confused. I'm not really sure what means what. They started her ATG yesterday at about 3:30pm. At about 7pm she began to get hives. They stopped the ATG and gave her Benadryl. Then started it back up at a slower rate. By 1am they stopped again because she had more hives, chills and a fever. At this point that is all I know. When I called, the nurse said they had to wait for the doctor to come in and check her out before they could decide what to do next. So now I'm wondering, if this doesn't work then what next? What else is there to try that and older person could handle? Or will they possibly just keep going with the ATG and my Mom will just have to get through it? My worst fear is Sepsis as I have read that it is a possibility. Also, I did read in her chart "The peripheral blood smear shows subtle features of hyposplensim" which from what I just read is Sepsis. right? My Mom is really scared. So am I. It does help so much to have somewhere to come to ask questions or just to vent. thank you.

Daughter to Sharon 68 AA