View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 5, 2014, 05:20 AM

Caregiver

Hi Caregive,

Does your husband have a MDS diagnosis or some other bonemarrow ailment? Since he is on exjade I presume he is getting regular transfusions. As you can read from this thread I was very wary and anxious of how my mother would tolerate chelation drug, but starting out with a low dose has helped and she is doing ok. Have you been monitoring the ferritin and creatinine as well, exjade will increase the creatinine(a kidney related function) so its important to keep a watch.
As you can see from the numerous posts and threads on this forum, there are many here who will be happy to help you with advice and suggestions whenever you need, so post and ask questions freely.
You may find someone in your area and/or with the same issues you have.
I found an MDS patient in Delhi, India through this forum. Coincidentally, his and my mothers case is almost identical and we now connect and share information regularly.
Wish you and your husband well!!