View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 6, 2014, 01:37 PM

Thank you to the two of you who seem to be the ones quite knowledgeable about these illnesses. Husband has B12 anemia, IgG kappa MGUS, low grade MDS. And other health situations. He was on aranesp but that didn't help him. Now on Exjade and we have an appt next week to check blood levels. He gets transfused about monthly. His red cells don't mature. His platelets and white cell levels are normal. He is doing well going about his life doing outside activities, yard and garden, farm equipment repair, walking and all. I am so focused on what I can do but feel like I'm swimming in phone calls and paperwork. Also I make our meals super-healthful and encourage him to drink lots of water.

It's fascinating to me that this site includes people from all over the world. I was on another MDS site where a man in Iran was asking questions and I feel for people who live where there is simply less medical care available. Which makes me think conditions of the blood and other things are underdiagnosed so we really don't know true numbers of who has what. How many people are tired and never see someone who recognizes the possible causes. Health care for all. Thanks for listening.