View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 2, 2014, 06:49 PM

To the OP; based just on your numbers, I would say your hematologist is correct. I have a host of co-morbidities like CHF, hx of lung ca x 2 (both caught very early), inflammatory arthritis, etc., and most of the time I feel good. Yes, I get tired and occasionally significant fatigue, but I try to ignore and just keep going. I am always planning my next trip ! Attitude is very important; I try not to become my "disease". While my mds hasn't progressed rapidly, I think I am still considered low risk even with white and reds affected, I try to focus on thankfulness that I am still here; not on what might not ever happen! I was told in 2002 that I would need a heart transplant and yet they were wrong! ALso, like Bailie says, we are all different, and our diseases are all different and don't follow a book.
As far as lightheadedness, I do get momentary episodes but they are b/c my blood pressure is quite low, and not related to my anemia.