View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 10, 2014, 01:13 PM

Thank you all for caring!

I am just having major anxiety from what I can tell. I saw a counselor this morning and she thinks I am grieving the disease- also I got the diagnosis shortly after the death of my dad and am still grieving that. I am placing myself in his situation and only think about dying! I know it isn't healthy and am trying to get my mind adjusted to thinking positive thoughts. It is just scary when I read the forums or any MDS site and see all negative things and short life expectancy. So naturally I think I am going to die soon.

I have normal energy, work full time and do exercise daily. So all the other symptoms of dizziness, heart beating in my stomach, feeling hot and the tongue issue seem to be anxiety. I went to regular Doc yesterday and had lymph nodes checked- normal. Also had Vit D, heavy metal and thyroid bloodwork. I was afraid to get a cbc which is not due until August 30th. I just could not handle any possible bad news.

I still cry everyday and have total meltdowns when my kids aren't around but will eventually pull out of this. ( I hope).

I started all new supplements and an anticancer diet that includes no sugar so am feeling so effects from that change. Does anyone know if the anticancer diets apply to leukemia?

I do believe that my MDS is mild like the hem at Mayo says, the first hem I saw still won't classify as MDS. He thinks some kind of hereditary sideroblastic anemia. The path report says MDS is not likely but should not be excluded until all other causes have been ruled out. The working BMB diagnosis is maybe early MDS.
I will probably be back freaking out about some other symptom but for now am feeling ok. Thank you- Jill