View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 24, 2009, 07:59 AM

Birgitta,
It seems they're actually studying two different things in this trial... if I'm reading it right. The main study is for the Low-dose Vidaza for 10-Days with the added drug MS-275. But, the second control group (Which Ron's in), does not receive MS-275, but, does receive the lower dose (105mg) Vidaza for 10 Days each cycle. I believe they'll be able to see two things in this study... the effectiveness of low dose for 10-Days and the added MS-275, if that does anything to enchance effectiveness.

I know we're very happy with the minimal side effects (occassional teeth pain, but, quickly relieved with tylenol), and the increased counts. The most important thing is, Ron is feeling great!

The doctor did mention, after remission, Ron, of course, would continue on Vidaza. Initially he said, the 10-Days cycle would continue, but, then, he said, he would check the protocol, after remission on this type dose and see if he'd be able to slightly reduce the days of the injections. 10-Days is a lot each month to go to the hospital... but, if that's what it takes to keep Ron feeling wonderful.. then, we'll just take it easy for the 10-Days and we'll celebrate the 18-Days Free from treatment.

Talk later,
Have a nice Day! Cindy