View Single Post
Old Thu May 5, 2011, 09:01 PM

Hi Neil,
Thank you for the help with the counts. That is a relief. I know my story isn't quite as severe as others on here, but it is still a scary thing for us. Do you happen to know how fast it can get to severe? Is there other things we should be keeping an eye out for between his labs? Do you know the counts are for SAA in children? We would like to stay on top of things as much as possible. We are just thankful that we found out before it got to SAA. I know that they have checked for other things like liver, spleen, thyroid, MONO. I'm not sure if there were others but, they were all fine.
According to the ref ranges (75-87) for the MCV for his age they said it was high. That is why they are having a hard time figuring things out, his B12 and folate were fine and while his iron was low they were still high, which I was told that they should be smaller than normal. We will be going to U of M in 2 weeks so I will be sure to ask more questions. If you have any other suggestions on what we should ask we would appreciate it. Sorry to for bombarding you with all these questions.