Thread: Sepsis
View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 5, 2009, 01:17 PM

Hanging on

Thanks so much for your support! Mom's been a passive acceptor of everything since even the transfusions started. Her nature before illness was to always feel like a victim. This would all be easier if we actually saw her try to fight through each step but she doesn't and, in fact, will complain when they don't get her out of bed and complain when then try to get her out of bed...or walk...or eat...etc. She complains that the nurses are only nice to her because it makes them feel good and she is pushing us away now too. I know alot of the ups and downs are the drugs but it is wearing, especially when it's from a distance.

Yes, as far as I know they have continued the neupogen injections pretty much since the ATG treatment....and all the anti-everything meds which have been adjusted as the cultures have come through. They are still struggling to regulate her heart rate at the moment but there doesn't seem to be any major damage to her organs as yet so if they can keep the infection under control hopefully she'll begin to regain some strength in the next few days, I'm told she did try to eat a little bit today so maybe that's a good sign.

Thanks again!
Ilene