View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 05:51 PM

Let the Journey Begin

My Mother was approved for Vidaza today. Starts tomorrow. After 2 bmb(one at a backwoods SC. Hospital) we are getting a few results. Her Blast are at 6. I spoke with the ONC. this morning and he said that the first reports on the cell deformities looked like (in South Carolina) sheeat (profanity filter spelling). Having worked with Docs for over 20 yrs, I have learned that if you treat them like people insted of Gods, they will open up to you.

One thing that I am really worried about are her risk factors.
1) 74 years old.
2) Post tripple By-pass(2 years)
3) Chronic Renal Failure On Procrit for about a year.
4) COPD
5) Carodic Artery Surger(1 year)
She is a fairly healty mess.

He stated that most of his sucess came with patients post 2 years. No kidding!!!! He seemed to hint that we are not going to be looking at that.
Or maybe I just think that wilth all of the above factors, I am not looking at a plesant journey.
At this point, my Mother does not know what Vidaza actually is. It would not help to explain it to my Sister.
Guess I will be on here for a while. I request and look foward to all your advise nothing excluded. Any dietary advise?
This is not exactly a Forum that I would have chosen for fun. (I prefer Ski and Hiking). However, if you want to learn, you have to learn from the people that live it. Thank you again and sorry for the long post. As was in other Post, "Sometimes you have to vent."