View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 7, 2011, 12:01 PM

Two lessons learned from subQ des.

1) When the home health nurse come out to instruct. Make sure you shave the area before hand. It was He** getting the bandage off.

2) Not all needles are equal. I had to go outside of our provider to get sharp needles. We found in inconsistent quality with the needles. Some were not sharp and John had to push pretty hard to insert the needle. So I went out and bought our own.

And maybe there's a third.....Each time they delivered the meds and supplies, they gave us supplies we wouldn't use. And once delivered, they take nothing back. I would try to instruct them before each delivery what I needed and they would alway mess it up. And we wonder why healthcare is so expensive. When I spoke to customer service about it she said "Well at least you're not paying for it". I shook my head and knew then it was pointless to pursue. So I ended up donating the red needle disposal bucket ( got one every two weeks) and other stuff to charity.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.