View Single Post
Old Wed May 9, 2012, 11:16 PM

which neutrophils on cbc?

Hi Birgitta-A,
When you write 1.0 Neutrophils, I think on my dads cbc it is called Polys(absolute)? my dad's is .6 and the normal range says 1.8-7.8
There is also a Polys(neutrophils) line that says 23L with a normal range of 45-76. Both his numbers are lower than the previous cbc, however his WBC is the same, 2.8, and although the dr keeps mentioning Neupogen injections, he hasn't started them yet. Thanks for the clarification on infections, and anything you can add on which Polys(neutrophils).

Marene - that's interesting about John's transfusions, Dad is getting one tomorrow, first he has to get typed because it is only good for 72 hrs.
I'll try to get him to get the details for me, it's hard because he doesn't like to ask a lot of questions. I also read to take benedryl. I wish I were there!

Also, I wish I could be there to drive. Apparently the senior public transportation service didn't go well. They were an hour late getting him to his appointment, then never came back. My parents eventually gave up and took a taxi home. My mom is taking him to the hospital tomorrow. Yikes - her driving scares me.