Hope, Steps & A Cure
is a fun and festive walk that you can attend or help organize in your own community.
Each walk serves multiple purposes:
- It raises awareness about bone marrow failure diseases and the people affected by them.
- It raises much-needed funds for programs and services of the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation (AA&MDSIF). These programs directly help patients and families.
- It brings patients and their families, supporters, and other community members together, where they can meet new friends and know that they are not alone.
Upcoming Hope, Steps & A Cure walks will be announced in this Marrowforums
thread and by the AA&MDSIF. To participate in a walk, watch for upcoming walks in your city, then register (consider forming a team!), ask friends for donations to support your efforts, show up, and have fun!
How to get news about upcoming Hope, Steps & A Cure walks
To get the latest news, you can do any of the following:
How to help organize a walk in your city
- Watch the Hope, Steps & A Cure section of Marrowforums by bookmarking this page.
- Get notifications of new walks by email from Marrowforums by clicking here to subscribe to this thread. Be sure to select notification by email from the drop-down choices.
- Sign up for the AA&MDSIF e-bulletin email list.
If you'd like to get involved, help with an upcoming walk, or organize a walk in your city, start by reading the Hope, Steps & A Cure introduction
at the AA&MDSIF website. Then do either of the following:
- Contact Marrowforums and we'll put you in touch with the right people and resources.
- Contact Martha Crews, AA&MDSIF Program Support Specialist, by phone (800-747-2820) or email.