View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 26, 2010, 07:50 AM

If you read through the links I included then it will help you address the B12. It is way to low. B12 is easily fixable with oral supplementation. John takes the sub-lingual methylcolbaimin form of B12 by Jarrow. He started with 1000 mcg on an empty stomach each day for the first three days to see how well he tolerated it. Then up it to 2000 mcg until he got up to 5000 mcg a day. Many cannot convert the standard B12 to a usable form. The methly form is bio-available, ready to be used by your cells.

When taking B12, you need to take a B complex in the middle of one of you larger meal. Again, John takes Jarrow's B Complex.

We have no financial connection with Jarrow. I find that www.iherb.com has some of the best prices on vitamins.

Please read the links I sent. You'll see many have struggled with low-normal levels and restoring it to an "optimal" level can either be very easy or present some other challenges depending on the individual. There's a good chance you are low in multiple nutrients due to the celiac.

Low B12 can will impact blood cell production. Even white cells. Key nutrients for blood and bone marrow are B12, folate, B6, copper. These are the heavy hitters.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.