View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 21, 2014, 05:21 PM

Hi Barbara. Sorry to hear about your husband. We have only been doing this for a year.....I can't imagine 4. I am happy to hear through all of this he has remained stabled as my son has. Regarding the low/no iron stores we haven't exactly received any information as to a cause. They are referring him to a gastrointestinal doctor for this issue and said they didn't feel the iron has anything to do with his low bone marrow cellularity. I myself don't fully believe that. I will definitely update after we see the gastrointestinal doctor. My son has been on a high dose of oral iron with no obvious improvement in hemoglobin levels. He has also had low levels of NK function. I really don't understand what we are "watching and waiting" for? It kind of makes no sense why we would wait for him to get sick for treatment. Does your husband have any blood cancer history in his family? My oldest son has non-hodgkins lymphoma and their dad had leukemia. I don't ever feel I get answers at the many appointments we attend I feel we just get results. Thank you for you input.