View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 10, 2016, 11:02 PM

Paul,
I have been a steady stalker on this site for about four years. I am a caregiver to my husband Jimmy who is now 14 months post his 3rd BMT and doing really well. I'll give you a quick background in 1982 he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease was treated then relapsed treated again relapsed again and then in 1988 had his first auto BMT. Over the next 25 years lived a very healthy life we went on to get married and naturally have three beautiful children. In August 2012 at a regular yearly check up The doctor said Jimmy's blood counts dropped and scheduled a bone marrow biopsy. He was then diagnosed with MDS which quickly transformed to AML in July 2013 Jimmy had an allo T cell depleted MUD BMT. Things went OK after the transplant no GVHD his big biggest issue was C diff but he never reached full chimerism, 100% in the neutrophils and 100% B cells but he's T cells were only 2% donor. Besides from that he was feeling pretty good getting stronger going back to work and even started skiing again. 18 months later again at a regular check up we found out he was relapsing, they went back to her same incredible donor and almost exactly 2 years to the day July 2015 Jimmy had his third BMT this time it was not T cell depleted. I'm not gonna tell you it was easy but it's doable. Jimmy is now starting back to work part time and getting much stronger if there is anything we can help you with any questions or concerns please let me know. I just wanted you to know there are survivors out there of multiple BMTs. Stay strong and you can do this.
By the way Jimmy just celebrated he's 60th birthday yesterday and said now he is greedy and wants many many more.

Margaret