View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 1, 2014, 08:17 PM

I didn't even realise that this had happened. It was very subtle. I asked for a second opinion, the Neuro found out from my haem in a letter. Next time I went to make an appt with the Neuro I was told by his secretary that he would ring me. He rang two weeks later and said that I didn't need to see him. I assumed that my condition was stable and that I really didn't need to see him. A year later I started having a new problem with my left leg going completely numb. I rang to get an appt with the Neuro, his secretary told me that he didn't want to be my doctor any more and I should find some one else. Turns out I was meant to be seeing a Neuro but this one was just too much of a coward to tell me to my face that he didn't want to continue my care. The Psychiatrist I went to told me he had written in my chart that I had decided to seek advice elsewhere. All I did was ask for a second opinion....which I never got anyway.

So my GP referred me to another Neuro and after a 6-7 month wait, she didn't even examine me. She read the referral letter which stated that I had been seen by this other Neuro and she immediately said that she knew nothing about my disease and I need to go back to my original Neuro and apologise! Apologise!.....for asking for a second opinion....not a chance. I know that the Neuros in my city know about me because I had a paper presented about me at their Congress of Neurologists...it's not as if I can be discreet and pretend I never went to this Neuro.....he let a lot of people know he diagnosed me and earned a lot of accolades for it.