View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 20, 2015, 09:28 PM

So far it looks like my round of rabbit ATG has gone well. I suffered from very mild serum sickness (headaches, body pains and shaking) while in hospital and one week post discharge developed a very mild rash but this was treated easily with benadryl.

The rabbit ATG definitely knocked my counts around differently to the horse ATG. It is true to its word and completely wiped out my WBC and in particular Lymphs. WBC went down to virtually zero. I had 5 days of the rabbit ATG at a dose of 2.5mg/kg.

Approximately 4 weeks post completion of the ATG my counts are:

platelets 35
hgb 7.1 - I am suffering from hemolysis - unexplained - coombs negative.
ANC 1.6
retic count 3.8
Lymph% 14.1
Abs Lymph 0.30 (L)
WBC 2.13
Neut% 75.1

Since completion of the ATG I have required 1 unit of platelets and 2 units of RBC.

To address the hemolysis we are increasing the steroids. Post discharge from hospital I was taking 60mg per day and had decreased to 10mg. We are now increasing to 40mg. I am also currently taking 350mg of cyclosporine per day.

With respect to my PNH clone, when initially diagnosed (back in 2012) my clone was below 1%. Prior to commencing the rabbit ATG my clone was 3%. As of 3 weeks post rabbit ATG my clone is now 8% (note this is the PNH Granulocyte Clone). My PNH Erythrocyte Clone 0.13.