View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 2, 2007, 09:50 AM

Dear Scuba,

Hi! As a fellow AA patient just wanted to say Hi and offer any advice of help that I can. I know how frustrated you are and angry,too at not knowing the cause of this. Believe me!! You probably will never get a difinitive answer as only 20% of cases are genetic and the rest catagorized as" ukn cause" or spontaneous. You can guess or surmize but noone will tell..yes this caused it..could be chemical exposure,drugs,environmental,etc...etc... ANyway,.hope you go to the www.NIH.gov website and read,read,read and the AAMDS website and sign up. The more cases recorded the better chance of putting together the pieces of the puzzle of this one in 2 million disease.

Contact me anytime for support,help or just to talk. This message board is wonderful and I just found it myself last week and I was diagnosed 4 years ago!!!

Keep your chin up,

Judi
Judi 46yoa VSAA diagnosed May 2003 ATG/Cyclosporine/mycophenolate treatment complete remission ukn cause. I believe caused by stress while on an antibiotic or an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. I also had ITP about 20 years prior.