View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 29, 2012, 03:09 PM

Thanks, slip up. I thought we were in better shape now. I think his Hb has stabilized. It seems to be bouncing around between 9 and 11, which is quite good for my husband.

We thought platelets had stabilized as they stayed in the 40s for 2 days, but today they dropped from 40,000 to 16,000. The hospital physician said normally they wouldn't transfuse til 10,000, but given the other issues that have just developed, they decided to be safe and do one unit of platelets.

Yesterday evening, his temperature spiked to 102. It has only come down to 100.9 with Tylenol and has remained there for almost 24 hours. His WBC is 1.9 and his neutrophils are 30. They are moving him into isolation and I'm now wearing a mask. He is on an antibiotic drip every 12 hours and Neupogen once a day.

Although his WBC has been marginally low since his cancer tx 5 years ago, he has never been neutropenic before. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since the first day of the first round of Vidaza and 9 days in the hospital. Don't know why these numbers suddenly tanked. He seems to be charting his own course without reference to any of the oncologists predictions.

I wish you were around when he had cancer 5 years ago. He became anorexic then and wouldn't use a feeding tube. The oncologist told him he was going to die if he didn't take in more calories. I finally invented a shake with ice cream, Ensure, Instant Breakfast Powder, and banana and he lived on that for 6 months.

What does the Primrose oil do?