Thread: My Dad and MDS
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 01:27 PM

Vidaza vs. Dacogen

Hi Kim and thank you for your email. I've talked to a few friends who have told me that the medication can actually make my dad irritable. I'm sorta afraid at this time to do much research and/or share what I collect with my dad. He is starting his third session of Vidaza, and I'm hearing that he may not see a response until the fourth session. He basically told me to mind my own business and let the doctor do this Vidaza treatment. I have asked my mom to ask some questions regarding Dacogen, as it sounds more promising. What do I know? There are some nice people here on Marrowforums who I will contact myself and will continue to ask for advice from those of you who are members who can help me better understand what's going on. My dad has always been ultra healthy and I'm sure he's irritable at not feeling well for so long (since Labor Day). It's a struggle, and I think not knowing is the hardest part. I'm truly glad I found this website! Whether I have my dad's approval or not, I know there are many out there who share my feelings and concerns, and I need this very much right now.

God Bless You! Please stay in touch!

~ Mary