Thread: Day 110
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 10, 2009, 07:33 PM

Okay, so if I understood everything correctly....here goes....

I have 0% donor T-Cells (CD3) and 100% my own T-Cells. My CD33 (Myeoid cells) are 100% donor and 0% mine. These are the cells that make the blood cells....so why are my counts still low?!?!? The answer, some people just never have high blood levels. That is not satisfactory to me because their has to be a reason. I had such high blood levels right after transplant and I was told that was an inflammatory response causing that, which I don't quite believe. Anyhow so my whole blood is 70% donor and 30% my own cells. Right now because my labs aren't dropping they want to wait and watch. They are really worried if they put more cells into me, especially since I have 100% my own T-Cells, that it will cause such severe GVHD. So they don't want to give more cells until it is needed. So over the next two weeks they will see what my labs do and then in two weeks they will check another blood, CD33, and CD3 chimerism to see where we are at. If my CD33 starts dropping or the blood starts dropping more we might have to do the donor leucocyte infusion (DLI) to prevent things from getting too far. I am assuming that if things get too far, it could mean another transplant I would need.

It is all so confusing and stressful. Wait and watch and maybe need another transplant. Wait and watch and nothing happens and I live my whole live as a mixed chimerism, which he said he has only see one other person to be able to live with mixed chimerism and be okay.

Laura