View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 31, 2010, 11:25 AM

Father diagnosed MDS or AA hypocellular and treated with ATG

Hi, my father was not diagnosed exactly. One hospital said that it can be MDS and at the same time the other hospital said that it is AA. Then two hospital advise to give thymoglobulin, We choosed the first hospital because the doctor in the second hospital left there. Last month the drugs came from Europe, it was a rabbit thymoglobulin and brand is Genzyme. I think they did not know exactly how the drug is applied. 3.75 mg/kg x 5 days ATG. First day some of the ATG is wasted because its using time is exceeded it was said like that. and just 200mg sandimmune neoral capsule had given every day after 2 days ATG treatment had begun.After 4 weeks we left hospital and now waiting for a response. Every week platelet transfusion and twice a week blood transfusion we need. Now he is feeling very tired(is it normal?)and sandimmune is 300mg a day. Ferritin levels are also above 2000 and still not using any drug to decrease ferritin.Just I want to mention about and want to hear your ideas about diagnosis and treatment. Also I hear sandimmune and neoral is different, however our drug is sandimmune neoral. What are we using now sandimmune or neoral?

Father 09.2009 diagnosed MDS or AA,hypocellular. 12.2009 ATG, already no response