View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 6, 2008, 09:22 AM

Question Can too much iron make you feel run down?

Please don't think this is a dumb question.
When docs first said I was anemic in Feb. 06, before any tests or BMB etc., just based on blood tests, they sent me some B12 and 325MG iron tablets (which I thot was high) with no instructions other then "here they are are, take them", implying the old "iron deficiency anemia". I continued to take them, buying them from the drug store cheaper than by perscription. I can't recall ever being tested for iron. Now, as you know by my story, I have been constantly fatigued and at times nausious. Docs keep saying I should not be that tired per my blood counts, but they believe I am. I was not fatigued before all this started. I got to thinking what was different before this all started and I ran out of iron pills at about the same time. After about a week of not taking the iron pills I can't tell you how much better I feel, it's like the difference of night and day and no more nausia. I am not on transfussions. I know men need less iron then women do. Can it be that I have a low tolerance for iron and can it make you feel this way? Maybe some of you that have had iron overload can answer. Thank you all.