View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 28, 2017, 05:26 PM

There was a doctor at Cornell University who was working on this a few years ago. I did not see any published data as the result of her trial though. Vitamin D is known to be an important contributor to about 200 bodily functions, including the production of blood cells and the reduction of cancer risk, but taking large amounts of it hasn't been proven to do much for you unless you are already below the normal range.

K2 if I recall correctly helps blood clot more effectively, but is very hard to find in therapeutic doses.

I experimented a little with this myself several years ago and did not really notice a difference. I had normal vitamin d levels though, and had good blood clotting factors despite my very low platelet number.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.