View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 20, 2013, 10:22 PM

Referred to a hematologist and I am freaking out...

I went to the doctor for routine blood work in early Oct. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in late March 2012 and have blood work done every 6 months. At this appt. she ordered a CBC in addition to my A1c test along with B12 and vitamin D. My D was low. My platelets came back 109. Everything else was normal. She wanted me on 1000 mg of vitamin D and to recheck in 3 months. She had me come back in mid Nov. to repeat platelets. She also did a liver function test. This time platelets were 96. The liver function was normal. She had me return 4 weeks later which was Dec. 12th. Just got those back and my platelets were 77. I got this lovely news on my 25th wedding anniversary. I now have an appt. with hematologist on Dec. 27th. Vitamin D had only slightly improved so she is putting me on prescription vitamin D.

SO NEEDLESS TO SAY... I feel like a ticking time bomb expecting my platelets to be even lower by my appt. in another week. Any tips? advice? I have read a ton online and it all scares me.