View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 10, 2017, 09:04 AM

Rich, your situation is very interesting for me because of similarities to my situation before SCT. My numbers progressed significantly after three cycles of Vidaza. We continued until the eight cycle because I was feeling so well. The doctors always told me that I would be having a SCT in the future and we would want to have it at the optimum time. After eight months I was still walking/golfing our 6 mile hilly golf course and feeling no side effects from the Vidaza. Then came the decision of having the SCT. The toughest part of the decision was that I was feeling so good why go through with the SCT. Looking back, it was the only decision I had that might work. I was quickly going downhill when I was diagnosed even though I felt fine. I feel strongly that if a SCT is in a person's future it is extremely beneficial to have it while feeling as healthy as possible. The good thing about having the SCT while feeling healthy is that you have more choices about the logistics of the procedure. Your timetable/lodging/transportation/care is more flexible. I wish you the best in your decision.