Thread: back pain
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 6, 2017, 06:02 PM

I have a routine I follow that has worked well for me. I take a warm shower around 10PM and watch a couple of hours of TV. I go to bed about midnight to 12:30 AM, and listen to old time radio shows on my internet radio with my headphones until I feel myself nodding off, then I take off the headphones and turn off the radio and go to sleep, some time between 1:00AM and 1:40AM. My wife wakes me up at 9:30AM, so I get about 8 hours of sleep. I usually take a half hour nap during the day. I noticed that if I go to bed too early, or don't take my shower, I have trouble sleeping. On the rare occasions I do wake up, if I' don't get back to sleep in 20 minutes, I put the headphones back on and listen to my old time detective stories until I get sleepy again.
Age 73. April 2016 diagnosed with SMZL (splenic marginal zone b-cell lymphoma). In remission after 8 weekly infusions of Rituxan. Got 4 more weekly Rituxan infusions in Jan., 2019. Sept 2016 diagnosed with CMML-1. Presently on watch and wait.