Thread: low lymphocytes
View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 3, 2010, 05:34 AM

low lymphocytes

Hi,

I was reading on the internet that they do BMT for low lymphocytes. I was wondering if anyone knows the significance of lymphocytopenia. All the talk is about low neutrophils but not much about lymphocytes. Do people with AA have low lymphocytes too? What about people with MDS?

It seems lymphocytopenia is the main problem in people with HIV and therefore I assume it's a potentially life threatening condition to have severe lymphocytopenia but not a a lot is mentioned about it on this site.

I'm neutropenic and lymphocytopenic and although there is neupogen available for the neutrophils, does anyone know if there is anything available for the lymphocytes or even if it's necessary to have treatment for lymphocytopenia.

My total WCC at the moment is 0.9 that includes neuts, lymphs,basophils etc etc. I have to admit to getting a little worried. The doctor had a chat with me yesterday about some things that could happen and that the outcome "might not be positive" to put it in his words.

I feel like I don''t know what I don't know and therefore don't know which questions to ask.

Anyone who has any information about the TOTAL WCC please let me know what they have experienced and what treatment they have been offered.

Thanks
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion