View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 3, 2012, 04:48 PM

My husband has a VERY high pain threshold. However, his first BMB was a nightmare and he now refuses to have another without sedation. We also went to a seminar last month and one of the speakers there was a doctor in Tampa who said he had had one volunteer BMB and he had it without sedation. He said the only way he would ever have another one is with sedation. I know everyone is different; but if my husband says it was painful, then it really must have been. I have seen him get his finger almost cut off and he didn't even flinch. However, no BMB without sedation, he says!
I'm just kind of wondering, why would you even want too?
I guess if you don't have any one to drive you, that might be one reason; or if you are afraid of not waking up, that might be the other one.
But believe me, if I ever have to have one, the doctor better put me to sleep before he even tells me I've got to have one. My husband's experiences are good enough for me.
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.