Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 14, 2017, 08:50 AM

Thanks everyone who responded. My husband and I have had more time to process the news and do more research. Im starting to understand his paperwork a little better. He was diagnosed with MDS-unspecified.

The way he was diagnosed with MDS was during a routine blood work for his arthritis. He was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondilitis about a year ago. The blood work showed that his white blood cell count was low. They took him off his medications and after a couple months, his white cells were still low. They never increased like they should have. He was sent for a Bone Marrow Biopsy and more blood work. The first biopsy came back inconclusive and that his WBC were still low. He was referred to a DR at a bigger hospital in the city who specializes in Luekemia, Lymphoma and MDS. He did more blood work a couple months later and another Biopsy and that is when the pathology came back with MDS. He has a mutation on chromosome 7 & 8. The pathology also came back with low platelet count and blasts at 4%.

I appreciate your advise and will do what I can to make his dr appointments.