View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 3, 2011, 10:24 PM

Past and tomorrow

Well... tomorrow I learn the results plus before then going with my sister who has Lupus to her apt. with a surgeon about mitral-valve repair/replace so even outside of my wonderment about results am nervous for my sister.

Unfortunately reading through lab tests going back to 2004 only one time is MPV measured and that level was 7.4 with range 7.5 to 11.

My platelets from Sept 04 until Jan 05 ranged between 65 (when in Hospital Jan 05 - in 70's Sept/Oct 04) and 105 (Nov/Dec 04) but then a month or two later went up to 116 and then basically from then until 2009 I wavered with results between a low of 110 a high of 130 but mostly resting between 115 and 125 or so.

I don't really have any labs from 2010 as without insurance and without any strong visible problems other than occasional petechial rashes (for some reason they occur around platelet count of 100 but not often above or below that???) and then the bleeding issues that started the end of Dec along with getting some virus or something which had me in the hospital and platelets down to 45 then they made their way up one time to 95 and then slipped back down to the 60's then hovered around 70 the past few times though one reading did have an 81.

Will post tomorrow about my results... One of the students at the college where I teach told me about her experience a few years ago with NHL and then of course knowing my Uncle had low platelets for a few years and it developed into NHL... course my blood work doesn't point to anything that major I don't think however at least from my reading even if I go by a different labs range for mpv (7.0 instead of 7.5 for low) my 6.6 is still low which points to bone marrow so.... Yeah I know stop thinking, get sleep, and *smile*

Last edited by DebJM78 : Thu Aug 4, 2011 at 09:32 AM.