View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 20, 2014, 01:24 PM

Input, advice or simular situation

My son is 15 years old and last November he discovered two large lymph nodes in his groin area which led us to his pediatric's office and then to Hem/Onc at Nationwide Childres Hospital where he has been seen for the past year and most recently to NIH in Bethesda Maryland. Anyway.....the lymph nodes resolved within a month but in the mean time lots of labs had been done. He was presenting with some mild cytopenias (WBC and Hemaglobin). The levels were monitored for several months remaining stable but mildly low. In March of this year he had his first BMB which showed low cellularity (30-35%) and normal cells. No MDS, no malignancies, and no AA. Long story short he just had his third BMB showing the same thing. He also has no or low iron stores. Tired, pale, frequent headaches and stomach aches but otherwise healthy. No diagnosis!! Last visit was in Maryland at the NIH where I thought we would find something out to only find out what I already Knew. Family history - Brother with non-hodgkins lymphoma, dad with ALL. The doctors are telling us that we are now waiting for something to happen.....cellularity to drop or blood levels to drop. I am desperatly asking for some advice, input, or anything from someone that has experienced a simular situation.