View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 20, 2015, 03:41 PM

Relapse number two after four stable years.

Hello fellow AA folks,

I have been so fortunate to have experienced 4 years of stability without all the hospital visits, blood transfusions and weak recovery times of my past. I have been able to spend lots of time with my granddaughters, taken trips with my husband, learned to play ukulele, taken art classes, delivered meals to seniors and made some quilts. So grateful for this time of normalcy.

Now back in the trenches I go. I had not been following the Forums but have attended the AA&MDS Conferences the last 3 years which have been so informative and encouraging. I find it very helpful to have fellow patients to email and consult with as we make these difficult journeys. I've been reading different posts for two days and feel overwhelmed with all the information and touching stories. I had forgotten how positive this group support can feel.

I am wondering if anyone can share their experiences with another relapse after two ATG treatments? I remember hearing from someone "they don't like to do a third"? I'm also very curious about the new drug Promacta. Also what treatments after two ATGs? Any new vitamin or diet ideas?

Thank you for any current support,
Sally D