View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 28, 2008, 06:40 PM

The Doctor Came In Smileing Ear To Ear!

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a wonderful holiday. My husband finished his 2nd treatment of Dacogen on Friday , Dec. 19, 2008. Monday we went back to doctor for blood check and supposely more blood.

Wonderful news he did not need blood! The doctor came in the room smileing from ear to ear. My husbands counts went up from
hemoglin 9.0 to 9.6, his red blood cells went from 2.96 to 3.03, his platelts went from 46 to 86 and his white blood cell count jumped from 1.9 to 2.8. These figures are the highest he has had since October 27, 2008, even with him getting transfussions.

He did inform us that since he just finished treatment Friday , the counts could go down some. He goes back to the doctor on 31st of Dec.

Needless to say we had a wonderful Christmas and were not as afraid to be around family as we were, though we were still very careful.

Today is Sunday and yesterday my husband started feeling more tired and his coloring is not as good as it was, but thats ok, we still got 4 more treatments to go! He seems to have a lot of pain in his joints, espceially where they did the bone marrow test in October, but the weather has been rainy and cool, so this could account for some of his pain. His lower personal body parts are still numb from where they messed up and caused a blood clot (or something like that) when they did the bone marrow test. The doctor can not tell us when this feeling might come back.

Well that is my good news hope it gives some of you hope.

Sincerely,
Anne