View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 25, 2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAA Mom View Post
Dena,
I truly appreciate your info. We asked his NP at Barnes. She seemed surprised I request a Mag level from our local hematologist explaining she never checks this level and did not feel Cyclosporine lowered Magnesium. She said the Magnesium could make him feel fatigued. Now I do not completely agree with her on this issue , I know several people who take Magnesium who are not feeling overly tired and his Mag level was low for the first time in his life so I am glad we checked it.
What would we do without Marrow Forums? Thanks for your help. Thanks to all the people who take time to share their knowledge on Marrow Forums.
Hi SSA Mom, you are so right, Marrow Forums is such a blessing and I have learned so much here from others. I'm always surprised when my NP doesn't know these types of things, though they don't always & it surprises me. Recommend you ask your sons Hematologist or pharmacist about this.

I do not feel tired from the low magnesium, just the symptoms I mentioned in my earlier post. My transplant team and hematologist automatically prescribe magnesium while on cyclosporine, even after my ATG. This is done daily via infusion for the first few months post transplant so it is easier on the stomach and once the stomach has settled, they switch to oral. I would think this is particularly important with someone your sons age who may still be growing...

Best,

Last edited by dfantle : Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 09:06 PM.