View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 28, 2014, 08:25 AM

Promacta:Indications and Response

My ANC is 0.3 usually around 0.6. The drop may be from fairly recent antibiotic use but began folic acid, B-1 and B complex in case that helps. Already on D.
Years ago I tried Procrit for low rbcs but got a rash. Both this and Neupogen are grown in Chinese hamsters and I apparently am allergic to them. (That would be funny if it didn't limit my med options). Plts not bad, moderately low.

Has anyone heard of patients taking Promacta just for the wbcs?
I've read sometimes the wbc goes up along with platelet count with Promacta. I'm looking for the response rate in the wbc line. Anyone have a good resource on this info? Or if you took Promacta did your wbcs increase?
Has anyone had a blood clot while on it (hepatic most often I believe).

I'm not sure if SAA one blood line - wbcs is an allowable indication for Promacta. But I don't see why it couldn't be given. Have yet to discuss with my Hem, waiting for next labs. But want to know just in case for the future.

My ANC will likely bounce back up a bit, if not I may want Promacta before cyclosporine as I have moderate chronic kidney disease from the PNH portion of my illness AA/PNH. Thanks.