Thread: surgery and mds
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 10, 2009, 01:25 PM

Helen, how often are they giving your husband platlettes now. Is he show signs of brusing or bleeding anywhere on his body? What have the plts count been recently?? Does he already have a port in place??

As you already may have read. My wife Nellie has had much difficulty because of low plates, just with placing pick lines and ports. I pray your husband does better in this regard. Don't sound like you have much choice but to do the surgery, the pain must be unbearable. Nellie also has avascular on her right hip. Painful sometimes but not needing surgery so far.

I have been watching like a hawk, so as to limit the times they stick her with a needle for any reason. She finally got a pickline in that is functioning well, without bleeding. But the bruising and hemotomas were outragious and scary. Good luck with your journey and God Bless.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.