View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 2, 2010, 10:53 AM

Hi everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose mcmillin View Post
Hi Kirby, You always seem to find the right combo at the right time. Mostly, I am so happy to see you of the site again. Your posts have given encouragement and helped so many people.I hope that you will continue again. You were missed. Thanks always for your honesty and helpful info. Sincerely, Rose
Hi Rose and all members,
I am replying to your specific post because your situation is similiar to mine. My father who will be 84 soon was just diagnosed with CMML-2 recently. The bone marrow showed 18% blasts (but his blood showed less than 5%, I don't understand how it works but..) His white blood count is 23.9, hematocrit is 27.4, hemoglobin is 8.9, and platelets are 17 (up from 11 three weeks ago). They want to start him on Vidaza in a few days. He has no chromosome problems, I guess it is the monocytes causing the problem as they are reproducing.. (MO#-25) and abnormal. He has no symptoms so he is hesitant on starting the Vidaza. He carries on with his routine of going out each day and acts physically normal. I would love some input from everyone and I hope all of you are doing well.