View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 7, 2014, 06:50 PM

I'd like to share my husband's recent experience of ATG/Cis treatment. He was admitted to UCSF on 9/17 and was discharged on 9/26. The treatment included putting in a PiCC line and 4 days of infusion of ATG. After the infusion, he had blood drawn every morning at 6am to monitor his CBC, Cyclosporine level and Metabolic panel. During the ATG (3rd day), he got 2 units of red blood and 1 unit of platelet transfusion. Before discharge, he received 2 units of platelet infusion. All of the CBC were OK (WBC 2.9, HgB: 8.9, platelet 19, ANC 1.87) when discharged. He went back to see the doctor on 10/3/2014 and his WBC was 3.9, HgB: 8.9, platelet 11. So he received 1 unit of platelet transfusion. He had no adverse side effect during treatment. UCSF is very experienced in administrating ATG and has a wonderful team of doctors/nurses/staff. My husband is now slowing regaining his strength by taking daily walks of 6-8 miles. He is my hero! So are all of you on this forum. We learned a lot from you.

Last edited by hxmxsx : Tue Oct 7, 2014 at 07:57 PM.