View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 5, 2016, 11:19 AM

Hi ballie. I think that I had some slight gastrointestinal issues w/ Nilotinib, but following the directions carefully makes a big difference. I also had some occasional muscle and joint pain, but I think that could have been caused by my GVHD, not any meds. I think that the effectiveness of the drug(s) relies heavily on maintaining the correct level in your body, and that is effected a lot by what is in or not in your stomach. I was not taking very many other meds at the same time that I was on Nilotinib, so maybe that makes a difference. Also, since my transplant was for PNH, meaning that I was technically cured of the disease after my hospitalization, and 2 more bone marrow biopsies confirmed this, meds are going to effect me differently than they would have if I had MDS or something other than PNH. Did anyone on this forum ever imagine that you would know so much about things like MDS, PNH, CML, etc.?